How can I export PSD vector shape layers as SVG?
Export pictures from Photoshop and save individual PSD vector layers as SVG images.
- Make sure the shape layer you're exporting as SVG has been created in Photoshop. If the vector shape is inserted in a Smart Object, it cannot be exported as an SVG. In order to export it, open the original vector file in Adobe Illustrator and export it as SVG there.
- Select the shape layer in the Layer panel.
- Right-click on the selection and select Export as (or go to File > Export > Export As.)
- Choose SVG format.
- Click Export.
NOTE: If you want to export a text layer as SVG, first convert it to a shape. If you need to export a shape with a background (i.e. not transparent), duplicate the background layer in the Layers panel before export.
Would you like to update this article? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to export JPEG from Sketch layers, layer groups or artboards
- How to export PNG from Sketch layers, layer groups or artboards
- How to export WebP from Sketch layers, layer groups or artboards
- How to export SVG from Sketch vector shape layers
- How to export Base64 from Sketch layers, layer groups or artboards