Effective from: August 15, 2019
- "Contact Information" means your name, your physical address, and your email address.
- "Affiliates" means any parent, subsidiary, member, officer, director, employee, or agent of Avocode, Inc. or any company under common control with us.
- "Non-Personal Information" is information that does not personally identify an individual.
- "Personal Information" is information that could potentially identify an individual.
- "Financial Account Information" means your credit card number, credit card expiration date and credit card verification code, all with respect to one or more credit cards that you have the lawful right to use, and your bank account number, bank account title, bank name, branch location and routing number, all with respect to one or more accounts that you have the lawful right to access; provided “Financial Account Information” does not include the last four digits of your credit card number, which we retain for purposes of verifying User Account and User Account Information.
- "Transaction Information" means all information related to transactions that you conduct on the Service and your interactions with the Service.
- "User Account" means an account permitting access to the Service, with which is associated a user name and password.
- "User Account Information" means information that identifies you to the Service, including your user name, password, internet protocol address, and browser user agent information.
- "User Content" means images, designs, fonts, certain code templates, and other materials that you post to the Service.
Information we collect
We collect the following types of Personal Information through the Service:
- Contact information
- Financial Account Information
- Transaction Information
- User Account Information
- User Content
- Third-Party Services: If you link, connect, or login to the Avocode App with a third party service (e.g. Google), you direct the service to send us information such as your email address and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service. You can unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
Computer information collected
- Third party tracking tools: We also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our Site. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Service. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- Remarketing tracking code: We use Remarketing with Facebook Pixels and Google AdWords to advertise on third party sites to you after you visited our Site. We and our third party vendors, like Google, use first party Cookies (such as the Google Analytics Cookie) and third party Cookies (such as the DoubleClick Cookie) to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Automatic information: We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Site, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our Site. This information also includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your location, access times, your Internet provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Site and the Service.
How we use your information
We use the information we receive from you to:
- Operate and improve the Service
- Register your User Account and manage your payment plan, and authenticate your Financial Account Information
- Customize our Site in accordance with your preferences, such as by making recommendations based on your history of content uploading
- Share information with Affiliates or third party payment processors or hosting companies
- Aggregate data
- Target marketing and advertising campaigns
- Target promotional offers to users
- Provide technical support and customer service
- Send you information relating to the Service, communicate with you about offers, promotions, rewards, and other news regarding the Service offered by us and our Affiliates
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Financial Account Information
We may require your Financial Account Information for the purpose of purchasing a subscription plan to provide you with the Service. By submitting your Financial Account Information, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with our affiliates, third-party payment processors, third parties that process online payments and provide technical, fraud prevention and banking infrastructure.
When you use a credit or debit card to make a purchase through our Site or Application, we provide your Financial Account Information to our third-party payment service providers to process your payments. We do not store any Financial Account Information ourselves. However, these third parties may store your Financial Account Information in accordance with their privacy policies which you should familiarize yourself with.
For information about the security of your Financial Account Information, see Section called “Storage and security” below.
How we share your information
We may share your Personal Information, information in the “Computer information” section and Financial Account Information with third parties for the purpose of technical management of the Service, to facilitate the payment plans, to track critical retention metrics, and to perform marketing campaigns for Avocode. Your information may also be consolidated and anonymized into reports that may be sold to commercial third parties.
We may share Personal Information with our Affiliates. We may share your Financial Account Information with third parties as described in the section called “Financial Account Information” above.
We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites. We may also share Non-Personal Information with third parties in our discretion, including to third party analytics sites in order to receive reports regarding our user base as a whole.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may correct or update your Personal Information via your Account’s ”Settings” section on the Site or Application. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties, to our contact information below.You have the right to access your Personal Information and the right to object to the use of your Personal Information. If you desire to access your Personal Information in our possession, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
You may close an account, but we will nevertheless retain your Personal Information in order to complete transactions, maintain records for the purpose of financial reporting, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
Storage and security
The security of your information is a serious issue for us and we are committed to protect the information we receive from you. We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control. Notwithstanding such measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Service, including your Personal Information or Financial Account Information. We also are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO ERRORS IN TRANSMISSION, UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
When your Financial Account Information is being transmitted to our Site or Application or through our Site or Application, it will be protected by encryption technology.
To clarify, Avocode does not itself store your Financial Account Information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your Financial Account Information. We collect and process Financial Account Information from you using third party PCI-compliant service providers when you subscribe to the Service. Our contracts with third parties that receive your Financial Account Information require them to keep it secure and confidential. We will retain Personal Information only as long needed for our internal processes and to comply with applicable laws. We will then destroy or render unreadable any such information upon disposal.
You play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure and you should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Links to other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Protecting your child’s privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Our email policy
We fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in the emails. If you opt out, we may still send non-promotional emails, such as emails concerning your Account or our ongoing business relations.
We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield framework
This certification applies to Avocode, Inc and Abdoc Technology s.r.o.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve your complaints about our collection or use of your Personal Information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us by filing the Privacy Shield Complaint Form AND/OR contacting us at email@example.com.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users.
We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, located in the United States. We commit to cooperate with and comply with the advice given by JAMS. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield) for more information or to file a complaint. The services of filing a complaint with JAMS are provided at no cost to you. In certain circumstances and for European Union individuals, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles. If you meet these circumstances, please contact or visit JAMS (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield) for more information or to file a complaint.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices in relation to our Privacy Shield certification or desire to access your personal data in our possession, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.