Avocode is an Electron-based app (written in React.js and Node.js), but our backend infrastructure run on a Kubernetes cluster with most of the core backend services written in Python. Our servers are able to parse and render millions of Photoshop, Sketch, XD, Illustrator and Figma design files every month. Why? It allows designers to store and share designs with front-end developers so they could export design assets, specs and code without design tools to speed up coding.
Every day thousands of designers, stakeholders, and developers from companies like Microsoft, Intel, Volvo or Viber open Avocode to add new designs, give feedback and code these designs into websites and mobile apps.
What do we need help with?
The Avocode backend is a complex multi-layer platform for processing many design formats. Our server applications run in a Kubernetes cluster with the core backend API app in Python 3 (Django & Celery) which communicates with many microservices (Python, C++, Go and Node.JS) using RabbitMQ.
We are using state-of-the-art tools to test our code (GitLab CI), to deploy to staging and production environments (Helm charts), to monitor and alert (Grafana) and to maintain fast and reliable service for our users (Kubernetes node and pod autoscaling).
We’re currently preparing for a new Freemium model as well as an Enterprise solution. Since performance and scalability is our priority for the upcoming months, we’d like to identify any remaining bottlenecks in our architecture to run as effective and as scalable as possible
As you can see, there is a lot to be done, so this is a full-time position.
What skills do you need to have?
It would be optimal if the person would have experience with designing microservice-oriented backend system architecture with both high availability and performance in mind.
Nice to have:
- Experience with using PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
What’s in it for you?
This goes without saying:
- Your own table in our office at Ostrovní 126/30, 110 00 Prague
- A reasonable amount of money (We know people like you are super rare and we are willing to “appreciate” that. We don't believe in flat rate salaries, so each team member has a salary based on his skills and his value to our company.)
- Flexible hours
Avocode perks and benefits:
- Pre-paid cab rides or public transport card
- Funded Multisport card for working out
- Pre-paid phone plan for unlimited calls and 10GB of mobile data every month
- Paid entrance to conferences, lectures and trainings
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- 2 company paid trips per year
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at firstname.lastname@example.org or just hit Apply.