Avocode is an Electron-based app (written in React.js and Node.js), but our backend infrastructure runs on a Kubernetes cluster with most of the core backend services written in Python. Our rendering is built in C++. Our servers are able to parse and render millions of Photoshop, Sketch, XD, Illustrator and Figma design files every month. Why? It allows designers to store designs and share them with front-end developers so they could export design assets, specs and code without design tools to speed up coding.
Every day thousands of designers, stakeholders, and developers from companies like Microsoft, Intel, Accenture or Viber open Avocode to add new designs, give feedback and code these designs into websites and mobile apps.
What do we need help with?
We’re looking for a developer who would help us develop and maintain our custom-built C++ Rendering engine. There are opportunities to improve its performance and also implement new features.
The Engine uses OpenGL for hardware acceleration of the rendering process, therefore knowing the technology would be a great benefit, although it’s not strictly required.
Our Text Rendering Engine is based on open source library stack FreeType2, HarfBuzz, and ICU. Even though it’s already pretty robust, there are still plenty of possibilities how to improve its performance, precision and feature set.
We also use a variety of internal tools to help us with development, debugging and assurance of render quality.
With the help of the Emscripten compiler, we are able to use our Rendering entirely in a web browser. Running C++ code on the web is itself a fascinating domain with its own specifics and challenges.
What skills do you need to have?
- C++11 and newer
- English fluency
- Git, Make, CMake
- Unix Shell - basic knowledge
Nice to have:
- OpenGL, OpenCV
- DevOps, Docker
- Adobe Photoshop knowledge
What’s in it for you?
This goes without saying:
- Your own table in our office at Ostrovní 126/30, 110 00 Prague
- A reasonable amount of money (We know people like you are super rare and we are willing to “appreciate” that. We don't believe in flat rate salaries, so each team member has a salary based on his skills and his value to our company.)
- Flexible hours
Avocode perks and benefits:
- Pre-paid cab rides or public transport card
- Funded Multisport card for working out
- Pre-paid phone plan for unlimited calls and 10GB of mobile data every month
- Paid entrance to conferences, lectures and trainings
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- 2 company paid trips per year
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at email@example.com or just hit Apply.