We work in a courtyard at Ostrovní 30, Prague 1
Open Design is a headless design tool that can be used to work with design files. With it, you can:
- Open design files from Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Read design data of the whole file or individual layers
- Generate images of layers, artboards, and pages
- Convert a design file to a different format
- Embed an interactive design viewer in your application
- Create and edit designs programmatically
What do we need help with?
A core technology in Open Design is Octopus, a universal design format that can represent any design element in any supported format.
Open Design has four components that work with Octopus and serve as building blocks for you to create a solution:
- Import - converts a design to Octopus
- Export - converts a design to a popular design format
- Render - generates bitmaps and vectors from a design
- View - embeds an interactive design viewer in a website or app
We expect you to understand and work on most of the above areas, but we do not expect in-depth knowledge of all of them.
What skills do you need to have?
- 4+ years of experience building apps
- Confident designing software architecture
- Knowledge of Open API
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.js, Git, Unit testing
- Good level of English (verbal and written)
Current Tech Stack:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js, Next.js
- Backend: TypeScript/Node.js, Python, Golang, C++
- Storage: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook, external monitor, etc.)
- Remote friendly place
- Stipend for WFH set-up
- Growth and learning opportunities
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at firstname.lastname@example.org or just hit Apply.
Our Open Design team can’t wait to meet you
What’s it like to work at Avocode?
We organize cool events like Code in the Dark for the local community.Feel the thrill
We went through 500 Startups Seed Program in Mountain View, CA. Go Batch 17!Read our blog
In the winter, we usually go skiing together.Ready to shred?
In the summer we usually go surfing together.Hit the waves
We visit international conferences and learn as much as we can.