We work in a courtyard at Ostrovní 30, Prague 1
Hi, it's Honza, I take care of the operations team at Avocode. We have been doing some pretty cool things here for the past 5 years - we managed to establish ourselves internationally, grow steadily, and hire some really talented people to help us on this journey. These people gave us their best years, and we want to give something back in return. As we already grew to 40 people, it is becoming harder to take proper care of everyone, and we want to keep them happy!
The operations team is all about that - keeping people's lives here easier, and making them excited to work here. A big part of that is HR, and there is always a lot to do, issues to solve, requests to fulfill, mess to sort out, and it's too much for me to handle alone. Can you help me and everyone at Avocode with the HR agenda?
What do we need help with?
- Hiring - writing job posts, communicating with candidates, interviews
- Onboarding and offboarding - guide the newbies and make the breakups painless
- Data - organize everything people-related in our Notion database (there's a lot)
- Services - become the key-master for all the services we use
- Benefits - keep track of people's needs, and they will love you for it
- Contracts - prepare, update, terminate, and feel like a lawyer while doing it
- Events - help us with organizing Pizza Thursdays, team retreats, birthday parties
What skills do you need to have?
- One year of experience with HR-related work, preferably from an IT company
- Advanced English in spoken and written form (at least B2)
- Familiarity with writing contracts
- Experience with the hiring process
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-driven and proactive nature
- Ability to improvise and a problem solving mindset
Nice to have:
- Understanding of the Czech and US law
- Experience with IT recruitment
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Notion, Slack, CakeHR
What’s in it for you?
This goes without saying:
- Working for an established international startup
- Opportunity to set up new processes, improve the HR department, and do a lot of things by yourself
- A reasonable amount of money
- Your own table in our office at Ostrovní 126/30, 110 00 Prague
- Flexible hours
Avocode perks and benefits:
- Company MacBook
- Avocode team retreats
- Pre-paid cab rides or public transport card
- Funded Multisport card to keep you in shape
- Pre-paid phone plan for unlimited calls and 10GB of mobile data every month
- Paid entrance to conferences, lectures and trainings
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- More about our benefits
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at firstname.lastname@example.org or just hit Apply.
Our operations team can’t wait to meet you
What’s it like to work at Avocode?
We organize cool events like Code in the Dark for the local community.Feel the thrill
We went through 500 Startups Seed Program in Mountain View, CA. Go Batch 17!Read our blog
In the winter, we usually go skiing together.Ready to shred?
In the summer we usually go surfing together.Hit the waves
We visit international conferences and learn as much as we can.