We work in a courtyard at Ostrovní 30, Prague 1
Avocode is an Electron-based app (written in React.js and Node.js), but all of our production server infrastructure is hosted in the cloud in Kubernetes clusters with most of the core backend services written in Python. Basically it's a complex multi-layer platform for processing many design formats. Everything in these clusters is modeled in code using Helm. In our new AWS environments, all of the cloud infrastructure (the Kubernetes cluster itself, database, etc.) is modeled using Terraform.
What do we need help with?
One of the core goals of the infrastructure team is to ensure availability and reliability in our production environments. Our product is useless if the backend infrastructure is offline or unreliable. Keeping these systems online and running fast is critical for the success of Avocode as a company.
Aside from availability and reliability, the infra team works with product teams to launch new features and products. They also work on behind-the-scenes projects that improve monitoring, security, developer velocity, and performance.
Clearly, we have a lot on our plate, that's why this is a full-time position. We are remote-friendly.
What skills do you need to have?
- Scripting/programming knowledge (Unix shell scripting and Python)
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS
- Experience with systems for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerised applications, such as Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Nginx, Databases (relational and key-value), DNS servers
- Experience with messaging systems, preferably RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of networks (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Background in Linux administration
- Troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in English
Nice to have:
- Python and everything connected to it
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Django, Flask etc.
- Experience with building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
This goes without saying:
- Opportunity to work for an internationally established startup with a team of great professionals
- Working on a tool that addresses key issues of designers, like hand-off or design version control
- Competitive salary
- Your own table in our office at Ostrovní 126/30, or a remote cooperation if you prefer
- Flexible hours
What’s in it for you?
- Avocode team retreats
- Paid entrance to conferences, lectures and trainings
- Company MacBook
- Pre-paid phone plan for unlimited calls and 10GB of mobile data every month
- Pre-paid cab rides or public transport card
Funded Multisport card to keep you in shape
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at email@example.com or just hit Apply.
Our infrastructure team can’t wait to meet you
What’s it like to work at Avocode?
We organize cool events like Code in the Dark for the local community.Feel the thrill
We went through 500 Startups Seed Program in Mountain View, CA. Go Batch 17!Read our blog
In the winter, we usually go skiing together.Ready to shred?
In the summer we usually go surfing together.Hit the waves
We visit international conferences and learn as much as we can.