We work in a courtyard at Ostrovní 30, Prague 1
Hello! It’s Matouš, and I take care of the Marketing Team here at Avocode. Frankly, we are undergoing a few exciting changes here - like the introduction of several new business verticals, changes to our product, and re-establishing our brand to enter new markets. All of these things need to be reflected in our marketing communication, especially on our web that generates over 100 000 unique visits every month (organically).
Clearly, we have a lot on our plate, and we need your help. We’re looking for a wordsmith., a digital copywriter with a business mindset, understanding of the design & development workflows, who is eager to elevate our written communication and create more content that we are able to do in our current team size.
Our marketing KPIs are the number of web traffic and also the number of trial signups. We also focus on the quality of that traffic based on eventual conversions. We have enough data and a communication strategy in place to prioritize only projects that actually drive growth and have an impact. We also have an experimental approach to copywriting and content strategy. So you can be rest assured, that when you start writing for Avocode, you could see immediate results of how your content is performing. You will have the power to shape how our communication sounds, and your words will directly impact our UX for thousands of people around the world.
What do we need help with?
- writing copy for new web pages
- optimizing web copy & content for SEO (to increase search engine ranking, organic traffic, time on page, and increase sign up rate)
- blogging about Avocode software
- crafting copy for product campaigns and social media
- creating content for designers & developers
What skills do you need to have?
- at least three years of experience with web copywriting & content creation for an international product (at best at a SaaS company)
- fluent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- experience with microcopy and UX copy
- experience with blogging about software
- experimental mindset and creativity
- understanding of design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Avocode) and the design space (Designer News, Product Hunt, Dribbble, Behance)
- understanding the front-end developer space (Stack Overflow, Reddit, Hacker News, Twitter)
Nice to have:
- experience from a startup environment
- knowledge of Avocode products
What’s in it for you?
This goes without saying:
- Opportunity to work for an internationally established startup with a team of great professionals
- Working on a tool that addresses key issues of designers, like hand-off or design version control
- Competitive salary
- Your own table in our office at Ostrovní 126/30, 110 00 Prague
- Flexible hours, please note that this is a full-time & in-house position
What's in it for you?
- Working on a cutting edge product with a global audience
- Vibrant company culture - young collective hungry for knowledge
- Avocode team retreats
- Paid entrance to conferences, lectures and trainings
- Company MacBook
- Pre-paid phone plan for unlimited calls and 10GB of mobile data every month
- Pre-paid cab rides or public transport card
- Funded Multisport card to keep you in shape
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- More about our benefits
Apply today and hear from us tomorrow
Send your resume, previous projects or your mom’s recommendation at firstname.lastname@example.org or just hit Apply.
Our marketing team can’t wait to meet you
What’s it like to work at Avocode?
We organize cool events like Code in the Dark for the local community.Feel the thrill
We went through 500 Startups Seed Program in Mountain View, CA. Go Batch 17!Read our blog
In the winter, we usually go skiing together.Ready to shred?
In the summer we usually go surfing together.Hit the waves
We visit international conferences and learn as much as we can.